In the period from 5th until 8th of July at Villa Montesca in the Italian city of Citta Di Castello, the training “Empower every student with dyslexia in an inclusive classroom ” was held.
The training was carried out by Centro Studi Villa Montesca , within the #DysCourse project implemented by the Dyslexia Association Einstein in partnership with Galileo Progetti Nonprofit Kft. aand Latvijas Disleksijas biedrība /ICT – students with dyslexia and dysgraphia
The following speakers shared their expertise about dyslexia with 20 participants from a few different countries:
- Laura Arcangeli, Professor of the Degree course in educational counselling and coordination of pedagogic practices of the University of Perugia
- Moira Sannipoli, Researcher in Pedagogy and Special Didactics at the Department of Philosophy, Social, Human and Educational Sciences of the University of Perugia
- Prof. Dr. Angelka Kaskinova from the Faculty of Philosophy, Skopje
- Eva Birzniece, dr. philol., instructor of English, director of Latvian Dyslexia Association
- Szűcs Antal Mór, Speech and Language Therapyst, Professor Assistant Elte University, Faculty of Special Needs Education, Budapest
- Paola Antonelli, Child Neuropsychiatrist, Responsible of the SIEE Altotevere USL Umbria 1 (integrated service for the developmental age of the Local Health Unit)
- Isabella Saffini, Speech Therapist. Coordinator of the SIEE Altotevere USL Umbria 1 (integrated service for the developmental age of the Local Health Unit)
The participants had a unique opportunity to get up close with the Italian methods of teaching, diagnosis, and treatment of students with dyslexia.
Also, as part of the training, the final testing of the first platform intended for online courses for dyslexia was carried out. This platform will soon be available to all users from N.Macedonia, Italy, Hungary, and Latvia.